Summer gardening camps for kids is scheduled to start July 9 and August 22 at Tower Hill Botanic Garden in Boylston, Mass.
The camp meets on Tuesdays and Thursdays in two groups: kindergarten through grade 2 from 9 to 10:30 a.m. and grades 3-5 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Students who participate in the Youth Gardening Program will:
- Plant, care for, and harvest their own vegetables and flowers
- Prepare, cook, and eat their crops
- Learn how plants grow, from seed to seed
- Explore the cultivated gardens and natural areas of Tower Hill Botanic Garden
- Participate in Tower Hill’s annual Summer Flower and Vegetable Show and the annual fall event, “Shades of Autumn.”
Tuition for younger children is $185 for a member and $235 for a non-member. Tuition for the older group is $255 for a member and $305 for a non-member.
Students may enroll in one or both sessions.
Scholarship funding is available.
For more information, please contact Ann Marie Pilch, education director at 508-869-6111, ext. 120.